Old January 26th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Q: 60K Service

Just my 2 pennies but I'm not sure that I'd spring for the water pump if I
did the timing belt at or near 60k. When I changed my belt for the second
go-round on my previous miata at 134k on a 13 yr old car, the water pump
(original as best I could tell) was still fine. Obviously I bit the bullet
and replaced it at that time but at about $70 some of us still have to think
hard about it. I'm sure if you're paying someone else, they charge you far
more than that for the pump.

FYI, the labor to do the waterpump is nil when you're in there doing the
timing belt so what ever you do, don't let the shop bs you that they need to
charge you the full hrs "spec'd" for both jobs individually. Oh, I'm sure
they'd never try that ;-)

Chris
99BBB

oups.com...