Old December 5th 04, 01:17 AM
Matthew Russotto

Default Finally! 150 miles in 2 hours

In article >,
Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:

>Lots of people will hear their detectors go off, slow down, see a cop
>apparently shooting radar, and attribute their "escape" to the warning
>from the detector. Yet there's absolutely no way to know what role the
>detector played unless you can replay the scenario with the detector
>removed. For all these guys know, the radar might have been aimed at
>someone else, or the "radar" they detected was actually the automatic
>door opener at the nearby supermarket, or an alarm system at the bank
>next door, or another (leaky) radar detector in the car next to them.

If they were the fastest car on the road prior to the warning, there's
a damn good chance they were right. I'm pretty sure my old V1 saved
me in just such a situation, twice -- Florida (or maybe Georgia, was
near the border) cops running two speed traps near but out of sight of
each other. I was flying along in the left lane, slowed for the
first at the warning, just speeding back up when I got another
warning (in front of me) and slowed again.