Old November 17th 05, 07:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Thermostat Question

"Libby Chantel" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> My 96 chevy truck was running cool according to the temp gauge so when

I just drove back from Houston today during a cool snap, and have noticed
the same apparent lack of engine heat. I think it is really only due to a
very
inaccurate dash temperature gauge, since the car ran fine and got reasonable
mileage.

I have seen people put cardboard or other in front of the radiator to
partially
block the airflow. That would be an easy solution, but I wouldnt do it
unless
I were darn sure about the actual temperature.