Old November 17th 05, 06:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Thermostat Question

"Libby Chantel" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Interior heat is not noticeably different. Heater is not as hot as it
> used to be when truck was new.
>
> Would this work: get it to operating temp then stick a cookie
> thermometer into the water and read the temp accurately, in order to
> verify thermostat? If it is really 160 it shouldn't spew out when I
> open the cap, right? If it does I can put the thermometer into the
> overflow cannister and check it that way.
>
> Thanks,
> Libby

none of that is a good idea, best is to use a aftermarket gauge to check
the temp. second is use a touchless remote sensor (infrared thermoter)
the block and tstat housing, it has worked pretty good for me. and you
can check the rad and rest of the system for poor performance. KB

--
ThunderSnake #9 Warn once, shoot twice
460 in the pkup, 460 on the stand for another pkup