Old September 28th 05, 09:13 AM
Alex M. Postpischil

Default 05/06 comparison

Hi all-
While I'd love to keep driving my 90b forever, it's starting to get to
the point where fixing it is costing too much (though mostly minor
stuff). While I had it in the shop a few weeks ago I milled about the
showroom... While I was really drooling over the Rx8, my heart tells me
to stick with the convertible (hey, it's been good to me since 91!)...
The new 06 was on display and I felt that it was a little chunky in the
fenders and they still had some 05s on the lot. So, my questions a
-is there a website that compares the two generations (I haven't checked
miata.net yet, but will)
-has anyone thrown their golf clubs in the trunk of the 06? It doesn't
look like they'll fit with the new trim panels.
-I tend to cerry odd shaped stuff and like being able to put it on the
rear deck behind the seats - the 06 has trim back there that looks like
that will be difficult - thoughts?
-anything else I need to consider (price break on previous model year,
but maybe not getting options I want, etc)?

Lastly, is there a Miata club in the Las Vegas area? Do the local clubs
still exist anymore? I kind of lost interest way back when the MCA kind
of broke apart and the magazine went out west, etc...
-alex-