Old September 22nd 10, 05:07 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default How You Know Your C5 is OLD

"aRKay" > wrote in message
> Look at the pump icon on the fuel gage and notice which side the
> hose is attached. Mine shows the hose on the right but the
> gas cap in on the left in C5. I wonder when GM updated the
> icon to show the correct locations of the gas cap?

Yep, the C6 is the same way, not a true indicator. I got that email
some time back and found it an unreliable bit of trivia. So quit
looking at the hose and look at which side of the gage the pump is on,
just as good. I believe that it is an incorrect interpretation of the
theory that it is the nozzle showing the location of the filler on the
car. It may have nothing to do with the filler location as it would
have to have a hose hanging down like a swinging dick for cars with a
rear center filler. Do they make those any more, not the swinging dick
but the center fill?

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/fuel-tank...n-secret.shtml