Old June 14th 10, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Pat Dotson

Default iRacing hits 9000 axctive drivers in May

> Hard to say, no one publishes the "didn't renew" numbers.

I'm one of those right now. Been there since it went to beta. My
second 1-years subscription ran out last week. I just don't really
care to renew right now.

Part of it is frustration with how the cars drive. I was pretty much
content to just ride it out, then came the Ford V8. If this car is at
all representative of the future of iRacing, I don't want any part of
it. Seems like a really bad rFactor mod to me, but that's being
overly harsh on rFactor mods. IMO, driving the iRacing V8 *fast*
bears no resemblance whatsoever to driving a real car *fast*.

The other part is the sheer enormity of the amount of time it takes to
be somewhat competitive. I just don't have time to stay competitive,
and it's no fun if I'm not.

Lastly, the seasons are too long. I'd like to see short official
series that run for a week or two, with a race every night, or every
other night. 36 week racing seasons in sim racing just don't make any
sense to me.

It all still comes down to the way the cars drive. Until it gets
noticeably better (new tire model) I'm going to go outside and fish or
something.

Pat Dotson