Old June 8th 10, 02:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ken MacKay

Default iRacing hits 9000 axctive drivers in May

On 6/8/2010 4:54 AM, Andrew MacPherson wrote:
> (rcgldr) wrote:
>
>> I thought they had exceeded 10,000 in the past, at least in the
>> oval series, with something like 14,000 total accounts.

> There are definitely over 20,000 accounts (including people who have more than one,
> staff, etc). It might be nearer to 30k by now. But there are all sorts of stats
> (though not enough now Darren doesn't do his amazingly comprehensive report every
> week) and I think the stats you're thinking of were for total drivers participating
> (at least once) over a 12 week season.
>
> Andrew McP

There have been over 28,000 that have signed up since July 2008, and
that may not include those that came over from the beta. If you add up
the number that have signed up compared to the number that participated
in races for the month, only about 1/3 are active.

BTW the number of drivers that are active each week has been around
6000-7000 for about the past 6 months.