Old June 28th 10, 09:52 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,uk.transport
Reality Check

Default Green viatology: minimise your carbon footprint!

"Carl Rogers" > wrote in message

<bitch slap>

|Is it your position that an
airplane carrying 200 passengers on a 5000km flight would produce more
kilograms than 200 cars traveling the same distance? Answer: no.
There's your reality check.

That's what you think, dumbass. Just because you are lonely enough to
be travelling stag all the time doesn't mean that everyone on that
plane is, so there will be far fewer cars making that trip. So even if
there is only 2 people per car making that trip, that's 100 cars
making the trip, not 200.

Since I couldn't find a plane that carries exactly 200 passengers,
Let's look at a comparison of an Airbus A330-200 carrying 253
passengers from NYC to LA versus those people driving:

Assuming a 2778 mile driving trip from NYC to LA (courtesy of
mapquest.com) with cars averaging 30MPG, that's 11,760 gallons of fuel
( (2778Mi / 30Mi/gal)/car * 127 cars.*** )

For a 2475 mile* flight from JFK to LAX in an Airbus A330 that uses
5.44 gallons per flight mile** that's 13,464 gallons of fuel for those
253 people. That ofcourse, does not include the fuel consumed getting
to/from the airports.

* Source: http://www.travelmath.com/flight-dis...rom/LAX/to/JFK
**Source:
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/2628781/
*** 127 cars = the 253 passengers that an Airbus A330 carries
travelling 2 people per car

Let's see, 11,760 gallons for the cars and 13,464 gallons for the
airplane.
Stick that in your exhaust pipe and smoke it, wiseguy.

| Secondly, if you wish to say somebody isn't "getting it right", back
it up with evidence so a correction can be made. It makes you a much
more credible person in the long run. Perhaps I would make
corrections you suggest if you objectively point out evidence and not
a philosophical statement.

You must have gone and made the change after how many Floridians
flamed you over calling Fairbanks Ave Florida State Road 528?

| I've had a great day outside. Hope you did too!

Its always a great day when I'm watching Football and flaming you.

RC