Old February 4th 08, 05:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

Default H6024??

i think the h6024 will be around for a long time. lots of cars use them.
20+ years of jeeps for instance. many volkswagons, and so on. they may not
be readily available in retail stores forever but most certainly by mail
order. then again the hella or like retrofit lens/bulb combination and the
like are always and option. like xs11e i am frugal and didn't want to pay
for hella but didn't want the cheap plastic junk sold on ebay either. i
found a set of glass lens that were discussed in a volkswagon group. they
are made by empi, model 9311, and are h4 conversion kit lamps similar to the
hella. they are probably not as good as hella but they are a vast
improvement over the sealed beams that came with the car. these lens are
completely flat on the front and so look a bit more modern than the original
sealed beams. they do have a visible horizontal cut off like hella
suggesting that there really is some engineering in the cutting of the lens.
they only cost me $25 for the pair including the bulbs. i see them
currently on email for about $40 and they are probably available elsewhere.
i recommend them to anyone that doesn't want to pay double (triple?) for the
hellas. however the hella are probably dot approved and i can't recall if
these are or not.