Old December 4th 04, 02:34 AM
LIW

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Wolfgang Pawlinetz > wrote:
>
> > >Audi HAS BEEN worse than MB, for a long time. And remains so.

> > Hmm. He seems to have owned both and is of a different opinion.

> His S8 experience is miniscule compared to his M-B experience.

That's true. I won't know for quite a while since the S8 only has 22,000
miles on it. I do have an extended warranty, just in case, but that
doesn't answer the question of reliability. If this Audi isn't reliable,
it will be the last German vehicle that I own.

I will say that my Porsche 911s of the 70s and 80s were bulletproof, and I
still hold this bias that high end German vehicles "should" be excellent.
The Mercedes was a disappointment (mild) in that regard.

As you say, I don't know enough yet to have an opinion on the Audi. I love
the car, and I hope it will be reliable.