Old January 27th 12, 09:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default rF2: The quest for new ways to be miserable continues!

(Uwe) wrote:

> Just remember what rF1 was like when it hit the shelves:

Yes, but that's why I never really got into rF1 much... it was a bit disappointing
at the start and it continued to disappoint me. :-)

When I say I don't expect much in the way of improvement I mean that without doubt
all the "low hanging fruit" in terms of optimisation (and features) will have been
done. Big improvements in frame rate may come, but I suspect they'll only come by
scaling back the decent AI and cutting the processor load we've both experienced.

Overall there is no doubt that you only get one chance to make a first impression,
and rF2 comes dangerously close to alienating anyone on the fence for a variety of
reasons.

I'm pleased I stuck with it though, I was so ready for a change from iRacing and
CARS can't provide that... yet. rF2 fills the gap nicely and I can't wait to see
what some of the better modders manage.

Andrew McP

PS Good luck with rF2-Rank :->