Old January 12th 12, 11:51 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ian Riches

Default rF2: The quest for new ways to be miserable continues!

In article >,
says...

(Ian Riches) wrote:

> > What hardware are you running it on?

> Sadly I'm running it on a with a 5870. In single screen mode at max
> detail (and you want max detail, believe me!) I'm maxxing out at about 55fps, which
> is pretty poor. The menus get more like 2000fps though. :-)

Hmm. Doesn't fill me with hope. Nice to know the menus aren't laggy
though ;-)

> It may well be a purely CPU thing though. In fact that makes a lot of

sense when I
> think about it. So with 4 cores you might do better than you'd expect. I can
> certainly race at 30+ FPS in either single or triple screen mode.

Have read elsewhere that it only uses 2 cores. Difference between min
and recommended specs seems to be about clockspeed, not cores on the CPU
side.

> At least there is a prominent refund feature in the interface though.

That's helpful to know. Thanks.

I now need to find some time. I'm suffering from a completely
unexpected relationship with Skyrim. Have never got into anything that
didn't involve either flying or driving before (apart from a brief and
beautiful fling with Bastion). My normal driving fixes of GTR2/GTl/P&G
have not been started up yet this year. The shame!

Ian

--
Ian Riches
Bedford - UK