Old August 7th 11, 11:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
KWS[_2_]

Default 10Amp relay on Drivers side 1990 miata

On 7/31/2011 8:03 AM, Mac wrote:
> What is the 10amp relay on the drivers side of the car next to the
> sidewall for? It is behind the access cover with a another relay.
> 1990 Miata.
> thanks.

There are three relays behind the cover:

The one behind the two (and closest to the fender) is the headlight relay

Of the two closest to the clutch master cylinder, the one towards the
front of the car is the TNS relay. I don't know what "TNS" means but
this relay controls the ECU, tail lights, panel lights and audio.

The other relay, closest to the clutch master cylinder and closest to
the firewall is the headlight retractor relay.

Hope this helps,

Ken