Old July 9th 17, 02:09 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Ed Pawlowski

Default heater inspection

On 7/8/2017 11:39 PM, micky wrote:

>> Interesting they do not even require the defroster to work?????

> That would certainly be a good idea, but the Coopers Auto page doesn't
> list it. He lists wipers but not ws washers. (Nope, not listed. See
> link at bottom.)
>

> Ah, here is the image of an actual Report checklist from 2010:
> https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-m...checklist.html
>
> Maybe the standards were adopted before cars had defrosters.

When I lived in PA had many cars inspected. No one ever checked the
defroster or the washers. One never checked brakes either.

I has a '64 Karmen Ghia convertible that I paid $15 for. The heat ducts
were rusted out so no heat, no defrost. I used to carry a squeegee and
an ice scraper. Many things on that car should never pass inspection,
but I always had a sticker on it.