Old April 13th 14, 06:18 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
ken

Default 1968 corvette wiper door troubleshooting

replying to uncle_vito , ken wrote:
> uncle_vito2002 wrote:
>
> Get a vacuum gauge and check the vacuum to the module that controls the door

> movement. I had a 69 and played around with these vacuum systems. Didn't

> really have a problem with them but did need to get a new check valve.
> That was if you do not get enough vacuum. There is a cannister that
> 'stores' vacuum so you do not get your headlights closing when you step on
> the gas and drop vacuum. Likely applies when you shut the engine off too.
> You possibly need a new check valve so there is enough vacuum to close the
> door after the engine is off. I believe the check valve is located in line

> with the vacuum line where it goes into the base of the carb.
> "Ken" > wrote in message
> roups.com...

Thanks, I will give the check valve a shot. Could that also cause the door to
open when I start the car? I understand how it can keep the door from closing,
What about the safety over ride solenoid on the back of the tack? Ken

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/corvette/...ing-19392-.htm