Old January 29th 12, 01:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_5_]

Default T-Frog -- All You Need Is a Turbo Tuneup.

" > wrote in message
> 140,000 miles and 450 HP.
>
> http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-tu...y-stock-motor/
>
> Patrick

$6,000 for a gently-used Fox? First one with $6,000 gets to drive my car
away (and, yes, it is a fully-functional gently-used Fox).

I went through the exercise years ago - priced out a new 302 crate engine
($3,200), then started adding up all of the other components I would have
needed. At the time, complete with a killer paint job, I would have spent
between $10K and $12K on that project. In the end, I decided that TFrog was
just fine the way it was.

These days, staring retirement in the face (in 10 years), I'd gladly take
$6,000 for TFrog, another $6,000 for CFrog, and plop that money down on a
new V6 with two and only two options (performance package and illuminated
door sills). Let someone else dump all that money into an 18-year-old Fox.

dwight
www.tfrog.com