Old January 29th 12, 03:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
biofilm

Default T-Frog -- All You Need Is a Turbo Tuneup.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-tu...y-stock-motor/

> I like the end of the article when the list starts adding up... and then
> there's getting the suspension and rest of drive train to handle it (or
> even use it) for the long term. And while that car has 140K on it, I
> doubt the drivetrain or engine does.

agree, drivetrain cant take that much for long time.
Also have to change fuel rail size to get to 450 even with the big fuel pump
220,
if it has 140K miles on it, the compression wont be the same on all the
cylenders, it will be higher than a new engine,
the motor will have carbon built up in it, and the water flow will be poor
as the passages are mucked up, engine will run HOT.
And you cant keep the engine cool enough to use much of that HP with time.
AND many of the rubber parts will be snozzed,
engine wiring is starting to have problems (due to years of crossion)
Paint
AND that torque/HP is on the high end of RPM, not much push you back in your
seat umph at start
so Im still saving my money for 2011 with a whipple or KB. (40k or so)