Old February 28th 11, 09:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Default 215/40-R16 Yokohama S.Drive tires

Stephen Toth wrote:
<snippage>

> I look forward to the S.drives in a month or so, and would like
> to hear
> your experience if you go that way.

I put the S.drives on last year and ran them pretty hard through
the summer, including a couple days on the track. They were a
bit noisier than the last set of tires (OEM Bridgestone Turanza)
but held the road quite well, even in rain. Cornering was a joy
and I was only able to get a couple of chirps out of them all
season.

That said, they totally suck once the temperature gets below
about 45F. My '04 currently has cheap 15" wheels and Blizzak
snow tires on right now. I used to run Blizzaks on the '90 for
the winter as well here in eastern PA.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata