Old October 21st 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

Default NASTY Lil' Cobra Being Twin Screwed

John wrote:
> "Michael Johnson" > wrote in message
>> John wrote:
>>>
>>> I still say a 4 door, sporty station wagon Mustang would sell
>>> like crazy!

>> That's like putting mustard on ice cream.

> Yuck! Being the ice cream connoisseur that I was, pre-diabetic now
> in my 50's, that was like a pan of cold water.
>

> I agree, to the purist, it would be revolting. But to the somewhat
> brand loyal, practical man and somewhat experienced, or most likely
> displaced, secretary with several kids and friends, football
> practices and games, and the odd weekend project, I think it would
> do quite well.

The Pinto wagon of the 70s was a popular and useful vehicle. seems to
me if the Mustang wagon were maybe five percent larger and devoted
some attention to interior space utilization, it would be a success.
Cue Joe and his "Definition of Success" rant.

For my part, I still prefer the two-door wagons.
http://home.san.rr.com/fsheff/pictures/VegWgS.jpg

--
Frank ess