Old October 3rd 09, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SMS

Default RIP

Oppie wrote:

> All the same, I'm now wondering where I will get repair parts for my L
> series. Many parts are dealer only. Hopefully, these will still be
> available through other GM dealers.

I expect that GM will continue servicing Saturns for a few years, then
they'll sell any remaining parts inventory to some third party that will
make it available to independent mechanics (as happened with Daewoo).

The lack of after-market parts has always been an issue with Saturn
since they sold in such small volumes there was no incentive for
after-market manufacturers to jump in with alternatives to dealer parts
as you see with nearly every mass market brand.