Old December 27th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Default GM blasts proposed change in U.S. fuel economy rules

necromancer > wrote in
th.net:

> Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Laura Bush
> murdered her boy friend shows everyone in rec.autos.driving what a
> stupid ****ing idiot it really is:
>

>> wrote:
>> >
>> > That's what liberals don't understand - or don't admit to.
>> > General
>> > Motors tried making and leasing electric cars - but found too few
>> > wanted them to keep doing it.
>> >

>> Are electic cars really the answer?.

> Yes, it is, you ignoramus!
>
>> As many have pointed out, the nrg to run them has to come from
>> somewhere.

> Solar, wind (gee, I wonder why that proposed wind farm off Hyannis was
> scuttled.....),

You're a little behind;the Dishonorable Sen.Kennedy failed to block it,it's
going ahead,last I read.(couple of days ago)

IMO,GM is ****ed because the Japs took advantage of the laws and
accumulated enough CAFE credits (by selling small cars)to avoid penalties
for a very long time,while GM just kept on making guzzlers and no
development of smaller,more efficient cars.

Again,"Detroit" just declined to compete.

I get a huge laugh out of watching people trying to drive those big SUVs
and PU trucks as if they were regular autos,especially when they try to
park them,or have to slow to a crawl to go around an ordinary 90deg corner.
Then I laugh even more at the gas station.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik