Old April 4th 10, 04:02 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Niles Anders[_1_]

Default How many active players in iRacing now?

"I never understood the online service as a business model, unless
they really over-estimated the number of active subscribers when
they started this."

They admit they did overestimate. But they also have ignored non-English
speaking markets. An acquaintance figured out how to count unique keys
for NR2003 that logged into the arena and it was only 55000. A game that
was a revered as that probably gave us a more accurate count of how many
"hardcore" SIM racers there really is in the world. So iR can't ignore
the non-English markets when trying to reach it's membership goals.