Old April 1st 10, 10:07 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
rcgldr[_2_]

Default How many active players in iRacing now?

> Overall iRacing remains the best darned sim on the planet.... trapped within a
> structure which really annoys me much of the time.

After the high pricing, the next issue for me is the 45+ minute races. I and
most racing game players aren't willing to commit that much time to a single
game. NR2003 seemed like a time killer with essentially 2 races per hour, and
now iRacing has reduced this to 1 race per hour.

Then again, these issues and more were all posted in the "why aren't you
subscribed to iracing" thread at rsc forums. The thread went inactive 4 or
5 months ago, and now RSC is gone, (although it's name is now used for a
different forum).

Seems like the sim fans are stuck in a waiting game. iRacing pricing and/or
format isn't attractive to many players, don't know if a boxed version will
ever be sold. rFactor 2 may be a year or more away from release. And for the
few that care, Live For Speed is undergoing a "do-over" of it's "tyre physics",
which has essentially stopped progress there for over a year now.