Old July 18th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Dave Henrie

Default May the best wind tunnel win

Tony Rickard > wrote in
.uk:

> V_e_s_a wrote:
>> Its gertting rediculous, no wonder some people go away from this
>> nonsense. Now when BMW established "twin towers", whats next?
>>
>> Place them under a ceiling, Bernie pulling strings.
>>

> I agree that some of the addons look a bit daft, but I like some
> innovation which differentiates the cars otherwise the they all look
> like they were designed by the same computer program. I have this
> cunning idea to stick a big fan on the back of the car, but I'm keeping
> it to myself 'til I get the nod from Bernie...

You mean like the Chaparall 2J Sucker car from 1970? A couple of
snowmobile engines and box rear end provided suction for the entire rear
end.
Check out the 5th picture from the top. Really check out all the
photos...these are some amazing cars.

http://www.sandcastlevi.com/racing/chaprral.htm

dh