Old December 5th 04, 03:33 PM
Thomas G. Marshall

<<<<DAFTY>><<DUCK>>> coughed up:
> your bilbs probably blow due to the fact you touch the glass when
> fitting, natural oils in your skin cause hot spots on bulbs meaning
> the gas inside burns alot quicker than it should

I have no idea what this is in reference to, so please keep at least some
context along with attributions in your posts.

2ndly, if this is in reference to a4 bulbs going out prematurely then your
advice is almost certainly /NOT/ going to help. This is a known /very
common/ problem with the a4's that I have been tracking/experimenting with.
You don't seem to have this problem, but two things about this:

1. replace the bulbs together. Keep the "survivor" bulb, but make sure that
when one goes out you replace them both with new bulbs.

2. I'm currently experimenting with my a4 which has two survivor bulbs. As
I said elsewhere, I'll be sure to report back.

--
"I don't want FOP, God dammit! I'm a DAPPER DAN MAN!"