Old December 23rd 05, 04:25 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Audi 200 TQ 10V Lights

Actually after reading all of Scott's checks and finding everthing
working as per spec's, I called Scott and discussed the problem. He
was going to look into it further, when he could, to see what the
module is really doing with the vehicle speed input. The Audi manual
of course really doesn't go into the operational logic contained in the
module. Also tried two different albeit, used modules with the same
result, and a known good Idle speed control valve. I've monitored the
current to the control valve while driving and the current to the valve
is getting cranked up way up the instant the accel pedel is released.
This has the effect of holding the RPM at whatever the RPM was before
the pedal was released for about 2 seconds. While not long this is
very annoying. After the ~ two second period ith current drops off,
the engine drops to idle and the engine begins closed loop idle control
with the current within the correct range for idle.