Old September 5th 12, 04:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

Default 2000 Accord ? Timing belt change or just inspect?

On 09/04/2012 06:45 AM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In >, jim >
> wrote:
>
>> honda oem pumps last 200+k miles
>> if the correct grade of antifreeze is used.

> *usually*, but not always.
>
> My 92 Si, the pump was seeping right at about 90K.
>
> Dammit. Ah, well. At least it coincided nicely with my TB replacement.
> No huge loss there.

some seepage is actually normal. even on new pumps. that's why they
have seep drain holes.

as long as the seal isn't letting it leak [pressurize the coolant system
and look at the seep hole], and the bearing is good, the pump should be
fine.

--
fact check required