Old July 6th 05, 08:46 PM
Jan Andersson

Tomica wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Before few days I bought from local garbage dual dellorto 40drla from
> donor car: Alfa Romeo 33.
> Venturi in this dual is 26 mm.
> I have 1775ccm motor with standard cam and solex 34 pict-3.
> I also bought bugpack 284° cam, lightened lobes....
>
> I have two questions. I would like to have some good economy car, so if
> you can help me...
>
> 1. What compression I need with new cam?

That depends on what gasoline you will be using. If you use high octane
(My recommendation) you can go up to 8.5:1
With "regular" you should stay around 8:1

> 2. Is venturi 26 mm is too small,

It will work ok for that engine.

> and what the best idle jetting I need for 1775 motor?

Same as almost always, 50 or 55.

> 3. I live in Europe, Croatia is only place to buy jetting staff for
> Dellorto from US CBPerfomance?

You said you have two questions. LOL

There are many other places, ask any local auto parts store. They won't
HAVE them, but they might know a race shop that has them.

Jan