Old August 17th 05, 05:40 AM
Pars

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" > wrote in message
> In article .com>,
> wrote:
>
> > I had
> > pretty much narrowed it down to the Accord adn the Camry, but is the
> > Sonata an option?

> In my opinion, it deserves a VERY close look.

Yep, it seems like a very nice package. Rear seat room is suppose
to be better the Accord & Camry. I've already planned on taking a very
close look at the 06 Sonata, when I finally get around to buying a large
Sedan. In the large sedan market, (in which the midsize Accord & Camry are
not included) I think the 06 Impala seems to have all the high cards.

> Aesthetically, I think it's better looking than the Accord. Similar,
> but taken to where the Accord designers should have gone.
>
> Anyway, the Korean stuff is sleeper. People are still buying the Hondas
> because of reputation, but those in the know realize that Honda
> beancounters have taken over, the engineering is put on a back burner,
> and the accountants are slowly but surely ruining that hard-earned
> reputation.

With the deadly competition between the manufactures, the bean counters will
have to take a back seat, since it's starting to become a survival game.
Which has resulted in some very nice products. I especially like what Mazda
is doing....but, it's too bad they don't have an engine that can compare to
Honda's caliber... Imagine if the 06 Miata had an RSX-S engine power it....

Pars