Old May 4th 05, 04:54 AM
Jim Warman

The dealer stays in business by charging fees for services..... and, in all
honesty, we have no documentation for lamp flashes. The scan tool puts the
system through a predetermined self test routine that may reveal other
faults.

The SRS is full of opportunities for injuring oneself and your... I mean
'the', dealer may not want to expose themselves to any possible liability
from advice given. Likewise, Supplemental Restraint Systems is one area
where I refuse to offer any advice other than to have the system serviced by
someone trained and experienced in the system.

As it stands, if the DIYer doesn't injure him/herself, there remains the
possibility that the system may still not perform as expected in an
unfortunate event.

Sorry.