Old April 23rd 05, 02:52 PM
Steve B.

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:57:40 GMT, (Bruce Baxter)
wrote:

>Can anyone point me at resources for troublshooting the air
>conditioning in my '95 Eagle Vision?
>
>A copy of troubleshooting pages from a manual would be helpful ( I
>don't presently have a manual ) .
>
>The compressor isn't cycling on, and I need to know what the circuit
>that controls it looks like so I can check to see whether I've got
>broken wires, or a sensor that's not operating properly.
>
>I'm thinking it's probably something electrical/control related,
>because when I had problems with my '94 Voyager leaking, even when it
>was empty and I needed to add R134a, the compressor would cycle on so
>that I could begin the process of adding refrigerant

First your assumption is flawed. All modern A/C systems have a low
pressure switch that cuts the compressor off if their is not
sufficient pressure in the system. Many times if the system is very
low the compressor will cycle on and off quickly but a flat empty
system will not.

Locate the low pressure switch on yours and jump it with a wire lead
or paperclip. Usually they are somewhere around or on the accumulator
but I am not familiar with your particular car so I can't give you an
exact location. Once you jump the switch the compressor should come
on. Don't run it that way for long if it works or you will ruin your
compressor!

If the compressor still doesn't come on you will need to check for 12v
and trace it back through the system to find the problem. If it does
come on you are going to need to find the source of the leak and
repair it, replace the dryer and have the system evacuated/recharged.

Steve B.