Old November 24th 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,alt.autos.toyota
WindsorFox[_5_]

Default Best no BS motor oil/filter comparison?

ransley wrote:
> On Nov 24, 1:02 am, HiC > wrote:
>> I see opinions of the "I swear by" type all over the map. Anyone know
>> of a good site that shows the truth about which brand/type of oil &
>> filter performs the best? Thinking in the passenger car realm.
>>
>> Thanks

> There is a site somewhere I visited that tested all filters. Alot
> depends on driving style, if normal not racing the car manufacturers
> is always safe. On oil Mobil 1 is as good as it gets, for racing maybe
> Royal Purple. Most any name brand is fine and much improved over the
> last 30 years.

This is what the OP is trying to avoid. Provide proof saying Mobil 1
is the best oil you can buy, some sort of test showing that. Good luck
with that.

--
"Boy, I've spent my adult life dealing with people like you.
There are few things that intimidate me; and a