Old March 12th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 1999 Altima misses off idle

JM wrote:
> Backbone wrote:
> > 1st check for trouble codes!
> > My guess is either an EGR valve malfunction or perhaps egr valve ports are
> > clogged with carbon!
> >

> Forgot to mention, no codes set, and I cleaned the EGR and ports when I
> got the car (had the problem then also). Also, if I pull the vacuum
> line to the EGR valve, effectively disabling it, there's no change. It
> does feel like that kind of a problem though

If I had it I would look at fuel trim with a scantool, under many
different driving conditions. If fuel trim was too far off I would
suspect dirty MAF sensor elements first. I suppose that you have
checked the integrity of the large intake hose (splits, cracks, fit)?

Toyota MDT in MO