Old March 21st 12, 12:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Douglas C. Neidermeyer[_4_]

Default Headline I thought I'd never see

On 3/21/12 6:58 AM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> in today's paper, from Reuter's:
>
> "Reviving Honda
> After harsh criticism of its new Civic, the automaker has turned to its
> engineering staff to reclaim its mojo"
>
> wow, it only took, what--20 years?
>
> They spent the last 20 years deliberately destroying everything they
> knew, but suddenly they realize that what they used to know and execute
> before they trashed the engineering focus was profitable after all?
> That the alternate path they went down was wrong?
>
> yeah. Not believing it. This has all the signs of desperate MBAs going
> through the standard marketing playbook.
>
> Here's a question to ponder: CAN they walk the walk? WILL they walk
> the walk? Or is this just marketing crap? Are they down to wagging
> their marketing tongues this way because they know that their actions
> have spoken louder than their reputation over the last 20 years?
>
> Maybe in 20 years, I'll consider looking at the results of this "back to
> engineering" philosophy--because I don't think they have what it takes
> to build that back up in any kind of hurry, if at all. But I don't get
> a good feeling about this. This is just trash talk from their marketing
> department, as dictated by the same assholes who trashed the engineering
> focus to begin with.
>
> Hey, Honda--bring back the NSX. Bring back a car that competes with
> Scion, for God's sake. Anything.

If you're so down on Honda, why do you hang out in this NG? After all,
most car makes have their own NG-- so why not post there where you can
make happy noises, instead of whining?

Just sayin'....

--
You're all worthless and weak. Now drop and give me 20.