Old August 8th 10, 07:00 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Kevin McMurtrie[_3_]

Default Why are Germans electronically challenged?

In article >,
Manco > wrote:

> If it is a product that involves electronics or software, and it's
> from Germany, it is likely to look very good but be a buggy piece of
> ****.
>
> Why is it so difficult for them to get electronics or software
> engineering right?
>
> Is the beer too strong?

I think Germans tend to solve problems through precision manufacturing
while others try to solve problems through simplification.

Remember early VCRs? They had heavy cast aluminum frames reinforced
with hardened steel rods. All components were mounted on threaded
pillars to ensure absolute factory precision. Anything less perfect
caused the video tape to destructively wrinkle. Later VCRs could keep
the tape stable even with cheap plastic parts.