Old March 11th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Wierd electrical fault

Hi

I put a voltmeter on the battery terminals & the battery seems fine,
the alternate appears to be charging ok, but I had the engine running
for over 1 hour & it didn't do it once. Last night though the damn
thing wouldn't start at all, it was like the battery was drained, this
morning there still wasn't enough juice to pop the central locking & I
had to open the door manually, then I tried to turn it over & as soon
as I put the key into the ignition the speedo & rev counter needles
went all over the place. They settled down after a few seconds & I
tried to turn the engine & it worked perfectly. Would the ignition
barrel actually cause a complete power failure if it were faulty?