Old November 4th 05, 05:13 AM
rene

Default Ignition Switch 79 SB

Engine cuts out without any apparent pattern. My ignition key seems to
have a lot of 'play' within the 'run position' - ignition switch. Just
jiggling the key within the run position makes the car stall out
(simulates the problem). Connected a rubber band between key -
dashboard to apply tension to the key to the 'full right position'
which improved the situation considerably. HOWEVER, did not fix my
problem completely. Still get a stall usually at the most inopportune
moment despite having now 'good tension - no wiggle' on the key.
Putting the car in neutral and restarting gets me going again - until
it happens again. Is there any other explanation besides a (obviously)
bad ignition switch??? Thanks a lot. Irene