Old July 12th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
PJ[_4_]

Default Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

Sal wrote:
> The reason that the Corvette hit the rev limiter is because its top
> speed is actually in 5th gear because it doesn't have enough power to
> go fast in 6th gear. The W8 would hit the rev limiter too in 5th gear.
> It just has the governor removed, NOT the rev limiter. The Top speed
> of the Corvette ZO6 is DRAG limited anyway, not governor limited.

Madre mia --why am I answering this?

Overdrive (6th) contributes to highway fuel
economy, offers improved range, longer engine
life and avoids a gas guzzler tax. It has
proven successful in Corvettes (auto and
stick) for over 20 years. I don't find that
an undesirable quality.

Getting real: The W8, WRX have had some
temporary fascination for sports car fans in
this country since they are out of the
ordinary. Not unlike the German fascination
with low-end torque which spawned the
Berlinetta -- a good seller in Germany for a
couple of years.

--
pj