Old August 4th 11, 06:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Default I want this engine!

>> > --
>> > Alan Baker
>> > Vancouver, British Columbia
>> > <http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg>

> And the beauty of it...
>
> ...is that there are LOTS of them!
>
> The engine was used in the Mazda 626, MX-6, and more importantly, the
> Ford Probe GT.
>
> There's an entire 1995 Ford Probe GT on Craigslist right now... ...for
> $500!!
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> <http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg>

It's a very interesting project and if that guy who did it would assist, not
nearly as difficult as it was for him, I'm sure. I'd like to know how much
that carburetor set up cost him. Seems like he did a few things very exotic
that could have been done much simpler. Just hard to say how much those
things benefitted the end result. What did he say, 180hp at the wheels?

Any idea what the stock motor / fuel system yields horsepower wise (at the
wheels)?

cd