Old March 28th 06, 10:52 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default customer service

Domestos wrote:
> > In fact, anyone who follows the change interval specified by any
> > manufacturer is a fool, IMHO. I always change my belts somewhere between
> > 50% and 75% of the quoted mileage - a £300 belt change is a lot cheaper
> > than a new engine.

> I disagree, the change interval specified by the manufacturer should be well
> before the required time to change, else they are leaving themselves open
> ( or so you would think! - but they use the old trick of its a moving part)
> . If a belt needs to be changed before this guideline then the company isat
> fault as they have supplied a faulty part. It should last as quoted!!!
>
> If a buyer follows the handbook service intervals I see no reason why a
> cambelt should not last at least the guideline mileage. Obviously this
> should be open to interpritation...
>
> i.e. 74,000 miles or 3 years. Which ever comes first etc...

I totaly agree,
Has anyone here ever had a letter from Alfa Romeo to tell them that the
belts needed changing before the mileage stated in the handbook? I have
never had one.
I recently got in touch with Alfa GB about recalls I have not received,
they said they would look into it and I would hear from them within 48
hours. that was 4 weeks ago and I have heard nothing. While servicing
my car last week, the dealer decided to grease the bonnet catch as they
said some people had had a bit of trouble with this item. But still no
word from Alfa Romeo.
John. UK.