Old March 27th 06, 10:59 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default customer service

"Steve Byatt" > wrote in message
> Regular readers may remember me ranting about a cambelt failure on a
> 156GTA. To cut a long story short, ...<snip>

I couldn't agree more than with your entire story...

I had a clutch failiure at 50k on a car that had an alfa full service
history - the car was only 2.5 years old - i had it from new. Alfa UK didn;t
want to know and wanted to charge me £500 to open it up. Then it could have
been another £900 to replace the clutch or another £500 to put it back
together.

I went to my local garagae who removed and replaced the entire clutch and
put it back together for £400 - and he even waived the pick up fee he said
he was going to charge.

Subsequently I have sold my alfa and I will be going elswhere in the
future...

Dom