Old February 16th 06, 01:03 AM posted to alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc

Default Ford Ranger / Mazda B-Series 1999 Ignition Switch Accessory Terminal

In article . com>,
wrote:

> Ok, dumb question for the rest of you who know what you're doing:
>
> Just bought myself a CB radio, something I've been wanting for a long
> time. I've got a 1999 Mazda B-2500 (Ford Ranger), and the manual for
> the CB says to connect it to the ignition switch accessory terminal.
>
> Where is that? Sorry if I sound ignorant, but the most technical I get
> with the truck is ... well, not this technical.
>
> Any help appreciated. Pictures of the new set-up to follow once I can
> get it in. The new CB is a Uniden Bearcat PC78 Elite. Nice one.

If you turn the ignition towards you from the "OFF" Position, you can
operate things like the radio; I think windshield wipers; cigarette
lighter. That is the ACCessory Position. I've not looked under my '99
Ranger to see, but you should be able to find the wiring stuff for it.

(Sorry if you knew that.)

H.