Old May 3rd 05, 07:22 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On Tue, 03 May 2005 10:10:19 -0500, Steve > wrote:

>Lawrence Glickman wrote:
>
>> high frequency pure DC.

>OW! I think that statement just damaged my brain.

Pure DC only means, that the current flowing in the circuit is ALWAYS
moving in one direction, and one direction only. Convention says,
from plus to minus, electronics says from minus to plus.

That could hurt your brain a *little,* but nothing a Tylenol shouldn't
cure.

What this circuit does is VARY the magnitude of voltage at, a high
frequency, with the RMS value, being the mean, determining the current
through the circuit. This is apparently a faster way to charge a
battery WITHOUT doing any damage to it.

IOW, it is getting *spurts* of high voltage, and then dropped back to
a lower voltage, rather than being run continuously at the mean
between the peak and lowest values.

This is a somewhat unfamiliar principle with those who haven't been
following the leading edge of charging circuits as I have, so I am not
surprised at your reaction. BTW, this also helps break up sulfiding
that may be on the plates. There is a reason to do it this way. You
might want to do some research.

Lg