Old April 5th 11, 12:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
IYM[_3_]

Default 2005 Vue with CVT....grrrr....

wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 18:30:29 -0400, "Stewart" >
> wrote:
>
>> OK, I've got one of these turkeys (2.2, AWD). Had the tranny replaced
>> by GM about 15 months ago (not a freebie, cost me $1800), and now this
>> one is going. It had a 1 year warranty, and GM is basically saying
>> I'm SOL. Does anyone have a source for one of these that won't break
>> the bank? a contact for GM that they've used in the past?
>> Thanks
>>

> ... heard the 6 cyl (Honda) had a recall - tranny re-program
> ... or worst case = tranny replacement.
> ... highway speed goofy glitches.
> Dunno.
> 2 people I know - really like their older Vue.
> I'd like them to sell me theirs ... :-)
> John T.

....makes me glad I went the cheaper route on my Vue...I have an '06, but
have the 4 cyl ecotech mated up to the apparently titanium - brick -
super - alloy - Italian built 5 speed manual tranny. 130K miles and
both are rock solid...Wish I could say the same for the rest of the
car...all the little things that drive you batty...suspension noises,
rattles, wipers (only drivers side works) rear wiper, electrical funky
things...every time my radiator fan goes on the traction control light
comes on and the the traction control system turns off (as confirmed
this winter on slippery roads). But it gets great mileage and the
meat-and-potatoes of the car (starts, runs, gets from point A to B, good
mileage) is fine