Old September 28th 10, 07:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Alan Baker

Default What's your longest one day Miata drive?

In article
Lanny Chambers > wrote:

> In article >,
> Alan Baker > wrote:
>
> > I drove around the loop from Vancouver, past Whistler, past Pemberton,
> > up to Lilooet and back down the other side on the TransCanada #1 highway.

> Ooooh! I've flown that loop many times in the FlightGear simulator,
> generally starting in Pemberton. I've always figured it would be
> stunning in a Miata. It's gorgeous from the air, especially when clouds
> are hanging halfway down the slopes.

It's a great drive.

If you hit the Sea-to-Sky highway early enough -- and if it's not the
ski season so that "early enough" is both not as early as the skiers
heading up to Whistler and so that the sun is already up! -- there's not
much traffic on a road that winds and has a terrific mix of bends and
straights for a car such as the Miata. In the spring, the road north of
Whistler and Pemberton runs along a beautiful river where everything is
alive...

....I think I'll do it again this spring with my GF!

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia