Old May 16th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default 1971 Westy 1600 Stalling

Hey guys,

Question: When I push in my clutch and hit the brakes, my bus is
stalling. It does not matter what gear I am in or whether I down shift
to slow then hit my brakes. Both lights (oil/gen) come on when stalled
and a quick turn of the key or releasing the clutch while moving gets
me going again. I know this is not much to go on, but that is all I
have.

I do have some exhaust issues where my muffler is a little wholey and
my heater boxes need replaced. Could this be a back pressure issue
from my exhaust?

Thank you,

Roger
Denver, CO.