Old September 6th 07, 11:02 PM posted to ba.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles,ca.driving,rec.photo.digital,rec.autos.tech
Rayvan

Default California Motorcycle & Automobile Riding & Driving & Written Tests

On Sep 6, 2:01 pm, pinbob > wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 20:57:15 GMT, pinbob wrote:
>
> If you have the REAL statistics of the percentage of riders who pass and
> fail the Ca dmv motorcycle test - please post as it is the general
> assumption more than 99% of experienced riders on super-liter bikes can not
> pass this ridiculous test.

Not this thread again.

I think it's a good way for the CA DMV to sort out the guys who can't
handle their bikes!

I had a newby friend say the same thing. He couldn't pass the keyhole
test on his '85 NightHawk 650 and was cursing the DMV for "funneling
money to the MSF blah, blah blah! He comes over came to borrow my old
Trail 90. I told him "You don't need it." He disagreed and he bet me
that his NightHawk was too big to pass the keyhole test. Couple days
later I followed him down there on my Harley on a *Sunday morning.
When we got there he was parking the NightHawk so I ride it, but I
never got off the Softail. I simply completed the keyhole both
directions on my bike (which was at least a foot longer than his
NightHawk). After a long silence, he said "Well, I got some work to
do." Lo and behold after about 20 minutes he could ride the keyhole on
his NightHawk no problemo. The trick is to go just a bit faster and
*lean* the thing. Bikes will turn tighter when leaned over a bit!
Personally,

*One can practice after hours if you need to. If it's fenced off, find
another DMV (the S. San Jose course isn't closed off).
--
Rayvan