Old January 29th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default How Did I Miss This One?

(Brent P) wrote in
:

> In article >, Scott en
> Aztlán wrote:
>> [I have long held that a system like this is the ONLY way we will
>> ever eliminate traffic congestion - we simply cannot build roads fast
>> enough to outpace the ability of incompetents and LLBs to clog things
>> up.]

> I hold the same view. However I favor a cheaper solution. That is to
> remove the incompetents and LLBs from the road.

yes,it's always said that driving is a privelege,not a right. Thus,only
those who can do it properly should have the privelege;that's the basis
behind our current license system,although not enforced.

> BTW, the goal of congestion pricing etc and so forth is one of logging
> and controling travel. If they really wanted to reduce driving a
> simple increase in the gasoline tax would be enough. However the
> solution always seems to involve government control.

Driving is freedom.
One(or more) can go when they want,where they want.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik