Old October 24th 05, 04:14 AM
larry moe 'n curly

Default Dodge Caravan 2002 Transmission Problem

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> Of course they had breakdown problems. However what you originally
> posted was a comparative survey that picked one item - the transmission.

Because the OP mentioned the transmission.

> When people own cars their vehicle satisfaction is driven by expectations
> and what the actual maintainence history.

So why do some brands of a given type (minivan, pickup, sports car,
etc.) have much worse reliability rates than others of the same type?
I doubt it's because Chevy owners are slobs and Toyota owners aren't.

> With your survey, focusing on a transmission, the truck-jacked-
> up-into-god's-ass would rate very high, the pizza car would
> rate very low. Even though both myself and the truck-jacked-
> up-into-gods-ass drivers would have an equally high level of
> satisfaction with our vehicles.

CR says their surveys show no correlation between satisfaction and
reliability. And since this thread hasn't been about reliability, why
do you bring up satisfaction?

> This is what Daniel is objecting to with the CR surveys, and what he's
> trying to get you to use your brain to figure out for yourself.

That's not the impression I got from him. I thought he didn't like
the surveys because they didn't include nearly enough information to
make sound conclusions.

> I hope that you aren't insulted that I spelled it out for you.

You haven't spelled out anything, at least not well or in public.